The purpose of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
We following the Holy Spirit’s call to create a new ministry in the West Village. We strive to share our faith in Christ, to provide compassion and understanding to all God’s children, to carry out God’s will in transforming our community, and to build a deeper relationship with God through prayer, worship, study, and action.
We are a Progressive, Reconciling church defined by these principles:
- We are not bound by tradition in the way we worship and show our gratitude to God
- We accept and celebrate human diversity – being radically inclusive in welcoming people of every color, nationality, sexual orientation and economic status
- We believe in social justice and support advocacy for the poor and oppressed
- We strongly support environmental stewardship of the Earth
- We maintain a deep belief in the instruction to “love one another” – made clear in the teachings of Jesus Christ
- We are accepting of the fact that many roads lead to God and are respectful of all spiritual paths
- We live out these beliefs with spiritual vitality while believing that our church flourishes with many points of view, opportunities for creative expression, and participatory worship services
- We are open-minded, but we also strive to be open-hearted and a true haven of acceptance for those who find their way through our open doors