COTV Social Justice Ministry
Social justice is not just an “add-on” ministry at the Church of the Village. It is integral to everything we do and is an important part of worship every Sunday in the music, prayers, preaching, and liturgy. It is incorporated in our outreach and in our small groups. As a congregation, we endeavor to pray with our feet in promoting, among others:
- struggles for racial justice and against white supremacy
- solidarity with undocumented immigrants
- LGBTQ liberation
- women’s liberation
- stewardship of the earth
- economic justice, including the eradication of poverty
- The Church of the Village organizes and hosts letter-writing to incarcerated LGBT persons in partnership with Black and Pink. Participation in letter-writing is possible 100% from home! Members who have relocated outside the NYC area are also encouraged to participate.
- During these uncertain political conditions, many demonstrations are needed on short term and advance notice. The Church of the Village will announce local marches and meeting points, and provide signs / materials for COTV community members to demonstrate together
- Awareness is a swipe away. Follow COTV hashtag #praywithyourfeetCOTV to follow all our social justice work, share with friends, and build loving community.
COTV SOCIAL JUSTICE MINISTRY
BLACK AND PINK
The Church of the Village Social Justice Ministry has connected with the New York chapter of Black and Pink to do joint work in support of LGBTQ and/or HIV positive prisoners. Orientations will introduce newcomers to the work and mission of the Church of the Village and the NY chapter of Black and Pink. Attendees will have the opportunity to register with Black and Pink's pen pal program. Orientations will be held on the second Monday of every month from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. All are welcome to attend.
For more information, contact Isaiah DuPreeor Sarah Witman of COTV's Social Justice Ministry.
You can also visit blackandpink.org.